Officemax Careers: Research Jobs and Salaries at Officemax.
Is a Officemax Career for you?
- Job Reviews
Search Officemax Job Reviews and Career InformationKnow Before You Apply
See first person reviews from people that work or have worked for Officemax. Discover Officemax job descriptions, salaries (pay, wages), management abilities, stress levels, education requirements and more. Look behind the scenes and see what it is like to work at Officemax before you apply.
Distribution Specialist ImPress Associate
Officemax Salary and Wage Information
When it comes down to it, PAY is an important factor in deciding which company to work for. Based on anonymous surveys and industry data, our Officemax salaries provide the hard to find salary data you are looking for.
OfficeMax Job Opportunities
OfficeMax looks for employees who shoot for the stars and who possess a wide range of talents. Individuals looking to gain employment with OfficeMax must be smart and energetic, and must have the ability to have those skills translate to the workplace. One of the more popular benefits of working for OfficeMax is the continuing education offerings within the company. During their tenure, employees of OfficeMax will learn how to accomplish their assigned tasks at an exceptional level, while also learning skills that will assist them in ensuring job security, obtaining new positions within the company and receiving higher pay. The company maintains the belief that if they are accountable to their employees then the employees will be accountable to the customers, ensuring a positive experience and continual growth.
Positions with OfficeMax
Potential OfficeMax employees have a variety of positions from which to choose, including hourly and salaried jobs. Here are examples of the basic responsibilities associated with three of the many available positions:
Furniture Account Manager
- Must communicate with furniture vendors to work towards better deals for the store
- Assists customers in store and behind the scenes by forging better relationships for better prices
- Forecasts sales within the furniture department
Strategic Account Manager
- Creates new accounts by coordinating leads and ensuring that leads are well informed on products
- Has a strong understanding of company policies and an ability to communicate policies and ethics to other workers
- Develops contracts
Assistant Store Manager
- Begins preliminary interviews with potential candidates for employment
- Has a positive attitude that will translate into a positive work environment
- Understands company policies
- Must have strong math skills and an ability to handle cash on a daily basis
Gaining Employment with OfficeMax
OfficeMax boasts a multi-faceted website with two distinct ways to apply for a position with the company. The first option is to search for a job that is specific to a particular state or the desired position. This can be accomplished very easily and on an individual basis. If this method is chosen, people must apply for each job as if it is isolated. The second option to find a position within the company is much broader, allowing the user can fill out a profile and determine positions for which they wish to submit an application. This is often the preferred method, since after a profile is created many jobs can be applied for quickly.
OfficeMax also sometimes hold career fairs for supervisory and management positions.