Kmart Careers: Research Jobs and Salaries at Kmart.
Is a Kmart Career for you?
- Job Reviews
Search Kmart Job Reviews and Career InformationKnow Before You Apply
See first person reviews from people that work or have worked for Kmart. Discover Kmart job descriptions, salaries (pay, wages), management abilities, stress levels, education requirements and more. Look behind the scenes and see what it is like to work at Kmart before you apply.
Store Manager Associate
Kmart Salary and Wage Information
When it comes down to it, PAY is an important factor in deciding which company to work for. Based on anonymous surveys and industry data, our Kmart salaries provide the hard to find salary data you are looking for.Choose a Job Title
Kmart Background Information
Kmart is one of the most well-known names in the retail business. Kmart's discount department stores are fixtures in communities all across the nation, as well as the U.S. territories of Guam, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Originally known as S.S. Kriege, Kmart started back in 1899. The first store carrying the Kmart label opened in Garden City, Michigan in 1962, and there are now over 1,300 Kmart department stores or supercenters spread across the greater USA. Now a part of the Sears Holding Corporation, Kmart is always hiring at the local and corporate levels, and is looking for new employees who value teamwork and are able to bring positive energy and enthusiasm to even the most basic tasks. Kmart's primary focus is on customer relations, which are essential to success in today's ultracompetitive discount store environment. Anyone who enjoys working with people and can do so with a smile on their face would be welcome to apply for any position at Kmart.
Positions with Kmart
Kmart offers a wide variety of employment opportunities in its stores, in e-commerce, in its service division and at the corporate level. Some options include:
• Retail Management Trainee: learns the discount retail business inside and out before joining Kmart's dynamic management team
• Deli/Bakery Manager: overseeing food preparation and service at supercenters or other selected stores offering food items for sale
• Sales Associate: answers customer questions, arranges shelves, provides expert knowledge on store layout and product availability, assists other store personnel wherever needed
• Pharmacist: fills prescriptions, answers queries about medicines in Kmart pharmacy departments
• Loss Prevention Manager: studies and analyzes inventory shrinkage at all supply stages, develops strategies and plans to combat any persistent problems
• Fashions Manager: oversees operations, staffing and customer service in Kmart's fashion and clothing departments
Gaining Employment with Kmart
The website of the Sears Holding Company has an extensive jobs section, which includes all positions available at Kmart. It is possible to find available opportunities at the entry-level, for internships, for jobs in stores, or for openings at corporate headquarters. The Sears Holding Company website, which is linked to the official Kmart site, splits its job opportunities up into several categories and subcategories. It will lead the job seeker through a series of questions to determine relevant occupational interests and qualifications, and eventually take the potential applicant to detailed descriptions of all the specific positions currently open at Kmart stores around the nation, in e-commerce or at corporate headquarters. Potential applicants will be able to submit their resumes online, and anyone interested in working at a particular Kmart outlet can also visit the store directly to find out about potential openings.