JCPenney Careers: Research Jobs and Salaries at JCPenney.
- Job Reviews
Search JCPenney Job Reviews and Career InformationKnow Before You Apply
See first person reviews from people that work or have worked for JCPenney. Discover JCPenney job descriptions, salaries (pay, wages), management abilities, stress levels, education requirements and more. Look behind the scenes and see what it is like to work at JCPenney before you apply.
Sales Associate Customer Service Associate
JCPenney Salary and Wage Information
When it comes down to it, PAY is an important factor in deciding which company to work for. Based on anonymous surveys and industry data, our JCPenney salaries provide the hard to find salary data you are looking for.
JCPenney has two basic ideas that drive their workforce to achieve their maximum capability. The first idea is driving sales and habits through competition. JCPenney employees must have a winning attitude that can be exemplified by results. JCPenney Jobs do not only go to employees who claim to be winners, but ones who will not end up at the bottom of the sales totem pole later on. To this end, they build a team that finds itself at the top of the sales charts among other retail outlets. The second basic idea that JCPenney revolves around is that "Every Day Matters." They use this policy to help their associates realize that when they may least expect it a large sale or client may walk through the door and could have a lasting effect on the success of the corporation.
Jobs with JCPenney
JCPenney offers many services within its stores, which means that many people will find themselves qualified for different positions.
These positions include:
- Manage a weekly chart that consists of different appointments with customers
- Schedule appointments with customers for make-overs
- Understanding the market, and ensuring that the customer will receive new, fresh information
- Must have an up-to-date cosmetology license
- Update building codes for each location
- Establish plans for each location to follow in order to maintain a proper working environment
- Try to upgrade areas of the stores functionality, specifically supply chain facilities
- Must be proficient in mathematics
- Reach store sales goals
- Create and establish customer relationships
- Hire a positive, well-rounded staff that will work hard
- Must have a team attitude
- A college degree is ideal, but not mandatory
Gaining Employment with JCPenney
Accessing the JCPenney Jobs website seems easy, but it can be surprisingly difficult. The job descriptions are readily available; however, each position that is available does not always have a readily available option for applying. The best way to find employment with JCPenney is to find the job at the top of a wish list, and then go to the store location and apply in person. For students, they have different college programs that can be attended during a student's time at school, or once the graduation process has been completed and a career path is the next step.