Gap Careers: Research Jobs and Salaries at Gap.
Is a Gap Career for you?
- Job Reviews
Search Gap Job Reviews and Career InformationKnow Before You Apply
See first person reviews from people that work or have worked for Gap. Discover Gap job descriptions, salaries (pay, wages), management abilities, stress levels, education requirements and more. Look behind the scenes and see what it is like to work at Gap before you apply.
Merchandise Processor Sales Associate
Gap Salary and Wage Information
When it comes down to it, PAY is an important factor in deciding which company to work for. Based on anonymous surveys and industry data, our Gap salaries provide the hard to find salary data you are looking for.
Gap Job Information
Gap has a company standard that centers on responsibility. They look for individuals who are passionate about what they do, are highly self-motivated and, above all else, possess a high level of personal responsibility. By preaching responsibility, Gap finds employees that can monitor themselves as they diligently work in their various positions. One of the main areas of focus under this company ideal of responsibility is in the social arena. They believe that being socially responsible will create improved work environments which will be more welcoming to consumers and will help to ensure a positive clothes shopping experience. These are the main cogs in what Gap believes to be a wonderful working situation. Gap realizes that a building can stand taller if the bottom has strong support, and they show this by maintaining the values throughout the company.
Positions with Gap
Gap offers both hourly and salaried positions, which include in-store jobs and corporate careers. Here are three examples of positions available, as well as the related job responsibilities:
Assistant Brand Experience Manager
- Creates a positive work environment throughout the store
- Collects cash and deposits money into proper area
- Makes training guides for new hires
- Holds store meetings in order to relay information from management to employees and customers to employees
- Must be professional and possess a strong understanding of company ethics
- Establishes daily goals with store manager'
- Ensures store is kept up and that employees are prepared to work
- Committed to keeping customers happy by establishing and maintaining relationships
- In charge of tracking and responding to store emails
- Creates labor charts and schedules employees based on hours needed
- Creates stronger revenue streams by analytical process
- Tracks merchandise and decides when items will be restocked, removed or put on clearance
- Maintains store item price to maximize margin
- Properly assesses shipping costs and determines amount of inventory each store will receive
- Gives store employees motivation and support for their daily tasks
Gaining Employment with Gap
The main avenues in which to find employment with Gap are via the Internet. Using their company website, people looking for employment will find a comprehensive job search that can be accessed based upon location desired or position. Applicants will find a plethora of helpful information on the Gap website in the employment section, which is filled with examples of job positions and contains an accurate, up-to-date list of job requirements for Gap employees. College students can find employment with Gap through a variety of programs, such as the Retail Management Program and the Accelerated Management Program.